Branding and custom packaging is a necessary and worthwhile investments.
When the month of January rolls around the appearance of red-themed displays and heart-shaped packaging lets consumers know February (and Valentine’s Day) is just around the corner.
Sales around Valentine’s Day average $22 billion, due in part to heart-shaped product branding and packaging.
Like the heart-shaped candy box, the quality and brand imaging of packages can make a big difference, and while business owners are aware that branding and custom packaging are an option, they may not realize how important they are.
When it comes to product branding and packaging, providing an optimal buying experience requires quality packaging and clear brand imaging. Ensuring your product arrives to the consumer in safe and working order is also just as important to brand image, brand loyalty (repeat customers), and reducing the risk of high returns.
How Custom Protective Packaging Affects Brand Image
When it comes to branding and custom packaging, the opportunity to connect with the customer is one that shouldn’t be overlooked. From the time the package leaves the facility until it is in the customer’s hands, many people are waiting impatiently for the product to arrive.
Seeing it arrive in a bland, brown package may not inspire that thrill the customer was hoping to receive. Meanwhile, packaging artwork presents the company brand in a clearly recognizable way.
Customers are reassured that the product within is backed by a company willing to spend the time and money to protect in transit.
This choice, paired with protective packaging, keeps the product secure from start to finish and means a chance of increased customer loyalty, word of mouth advertising opportunities, and increased product success. This also decreases the risk of return of a damaged product, which hurts the company’s bottom line.
There are different options for protective packaging:
- Suspension packaging: This type of packaging utilizes corrugated inserts and plastic flexible film to keep the product more centrally located in the box. Retention and suspension packaging is not only customizable, it is also reusable and cost-effective.
- Air cushion packaging: With air cushion packaging, an inflatable cushion is used within the box to help protect the product while it is in transit from the company to the consumer.
- Custom molded pulp trays: For those who are focused on more environmentally friendly options, this type of packaging uses recyclable materials. It is formed into the shape the customer needs when it is created, which saves time and money.
- Custom Foam Cushioning: For a product with delicate parts or one that won’t be kept still with the above methods due to its shape, custom foam cushioning can be created to provide security and protection.
- Custom box partitions: Box partitions can be used to separate items from touching one another, giving a clean and organized look. These can be created with corrugated flutes, or wavelike arches, to increase the partition’s resistance to pressure. Products are protected from damage as a result.
Benefits of Designing Custom Artwork on Your Packaging:
As noted before, the visual appeal of the branding and custom packaging enhances the customer’s unboxing experience. Customer experience plays a role in product success. It fulfills the thrill they hoped to feel when receiving a highly anticipated package in the mail.
Lasting Brand Recognition Makes an Impact
The postal carrier can easily see which brands are being purchased by the customers on their route. Likewise, the neighbor, the food delivery driver or anyone driving by can see the colors and logo on branding custom packaging en route to a resident’s doorstep.
The use of custom packaging related to the company’s brand also increases customer loyalty. With the receipt of a visually appealing and properly packaged product that is undamaged, the customer’s satisfaction is high and increases the chances of their return for future purchases.
Improving Brand Image Through Custom Branded Packaging
Customers make judgments about the quality of the products they are receiving based on the feel of the branding custom packaging.
These customers want to receive their subscription box and feel like the unboxing is the same experience that their favorite celebrity receives.
Like the perception of people they meet, customers can gain an impression of reliability or luxury if the packaging of the product they purchase provides that impression in a predictable way.
How Product Branding and Packaging is an Opportunity for “Free Marketing”
In sales, it is well known that the first seven seconds are the window to make a lasting impression.
Branding and custom packaging is the way to capitalize on this time frame. The company’s brand identity is enhanced when the colors and logo on the packaging are easily recognized. This recognition comes from not only the customer receiving the package but also anyone in the postal service or anyone who is in the area when the package arrives.
For those eCommerce or subscription services, the package arriving at someone’s front door is tangible evidence of the company’s success. It pays to make it stand out from the other deliveries of the day.
Have questions about how CS packaging can help promote your brand image? Download our free Protective Packaging Guide below or reach out with any questions!